Bancroft Elementary provides all students with an excellent academic foundation as creative and critical thinkers who are empowered to act responsibly with respect for self, community, and the world.
• A growth mindset. Students grow in their learning by building confidence to take risks and make mistakes because they are in a safe and supportive environment.
• A commitment to the PYP action cycle. Students and staff are encouraged to reflect, choose, and act.
• A community of learners. We value collaboration, culture, equity, and social interaction between staff and students.
• An environment where learning is active. Students are engaged in authentic inquiry based, hands-on learning.
• We believe ALL children can learn!
• We believe that family involvement is critical in the development of the student.
• We believe diversity is a strength in our community.
• We believe that with every right comes responsibility.
• We believe shared decision-making and collaboration improve the educational process.
• We believe high expectations increase individual student achievement.
• We believe students learn best when they have opportunities for inquiry-based learning.