Bancroft PTO Recordings & Documents
Meetings are livestreamed and recorded to YouTube
Check out our channel to see an upcoming meeting or to watch past ones.
SY 2021-22 Meetings minutes and other documents will appear below.
- We listened to a representative of the Cataract Lodge #2 tell the story of their 15-year relationship with Bancroft and why they continue to donate to us. They delivered their donation of $12,000 last week.
- We would like to form a group of parents/caregivers to craft a land acknowledgement for Bancroft PTO.
- The Bancroft PTO Members Group on Facebook will transition to Private in order to become more of a discussion forum for parents. The Bancroft PTO Page will still be our online, public-facing hub.
- Conferences will include a flu shot clinic on Oct. 19 4-8pm.
- School devices went home with all Gr 1-5 students, who are responsible for charging them and bringing them to school daily.
- In-person family and community events will not occur for the foreseeable future. PTO will look at taking the initiative on online-only versions of Turkey Bingo or Family Arts Night.
- We are looking for parent volunteers at our Book Sale during conferences. Here's a sign-up sheet.
- Crossing Guard help is still needed. But also, PTO is asking parents to help us request for additional stop signs to be put in at 39th Street and 13th Avenue. Here's a link.
- Bancroft Parent Dana LeMay is inviting parents to rally tonight before the MPS Board Meeting to raise the issue of a shortage of Specialized Education Assistants and staff. It will be at Davis Center (1250 Broadway) at 4-5:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with Dana.
- Our first-ever online-only Fall Plant Fundraiser earned $650 toward PTO funding for classroom requests
- We are seeking a few volunteers to help get Read-A-Thon forms to the classrooms on Oct. 18 and then to help tally up the Read-A-Thon forms when they're returned.
- We are seeking volunteers to help the in-person book sale during conferences. If you have ideas about an online version, let us know.
- Our Treasurer's report was accepted by PTO. Here's a detailed spreadsheet
We are seeking input on:
- "Walking Busses" or "Bike Trains" and parents to help with crossing guards at 39th Street.
- Should PTO host another playdate opportunity in the next month?
- Pending how in-person events would occur, we are seeking ideas and organizers for Family Cultural Nights. An idea from 2019-20, we're still hoping to highlight the cultural groups that comprise our community in a way that allows students to share and learn from each other.
- We're going to undertake an Earth Day Spring Cleanup as an environmentally themed community activity.